Just nine simple steps …
Someone asked me the other day how you can post directly to your Facebook page using the Facebook for Android app.
The best answer: Don’t bother. Download Hootsuite or Seesmic instead. (Tweetdeck doesn’t allow pages.)
But, if you really want to know how here is the quickest way I’ve found. (Let me know if you know of another):
- The facebook app defaults to the news feed. From there hit your back button.
- This takes you to a menu page. Hit “Profile”.
- From your profile hit “Info” down at the bottom.
- From your info page, hit the Droid menu button at the bottom of the phone.
- A little screen pops up that says “View Profile i.” This is not the same profile button as before.
- Once you click that, you are taken to a more elaborate profile. Click on the little house in the right corner, next to your name.
- This brings you to another profile-like page. Click on “More” beneath the magnifying glass.
- Click on “Pages you admin”
- Click on your page … Now post on your page.
Simple, right? The good news is once you’ve found that you can bookmark and find it later from your browser. But it’s still not as quick as Hootsuite or Seesmic.
The quickest way to just view your page from the News Feed is to click on the Top News button to the right. That will bring up a menu that you can scroll through until you reach “Pages.” Unfortunately, you can’t post to your page from there, unless you can find a recent post of yours and click on it.
One might argue it’s just another example of how Facebook pages weren’t very well thought out. I’d be inclined to agree with them.
Filed under: Uncategorized | 1 Comment
Tags: Droid, Facebook, Facebook pages